Sunday 7 October 2012

FrightFall Read-a-Thon


This read-a-thon started out great. The first day I read Enclave by Ann Aguirre, and the second day I read Dead Sea by Brian Keene. However, it went down hill from there. I am loving The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice but for some reason I can only read a few pages before I need to put the book down and take a nap. I have no idea why that is, but reading it is making me tired.

I'm sure that if I had just put it down and picked up something else, I would have kept up with the pace I had going at the beginning, but I was determined to stick with it and get through it. As you can tell, I'm still not finished it. I am only about half way, page 300 to be exact. I don't understand how a book that I am enjoying as much as this one can be so hard to get through. I don't remember Interview with the Vampire being this hard.

I guess I will just put it aside for awhile and pick up something else. I will read a few pages of it here and there, whenever I feel like reading it, and hopefully I will finish it before the end of the year. I am just so confused as to why I'm having trouble reading it.

Other than my problems with The Vampire Lestat, I did enjoy the read-a-thon. I just wish I had read more. Oh well, maybe next time.

2 comments:

  1. Two books read is not bad at all! And didn't you know that you get sleepy because Lestat is SO mesmerizing!? LOL! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you will join me for A Winter's Respite in January.

    Another spot of good news. You were the first giveaway winner! Congrats! Check out the prize page at Seasons of Reading (link is at the top of the left sidebar) and email me your choice at truebookaddictATgmailDOTcom If it is a book to be shipped (not an eBook), please also include your shipping address.

    ReplyDelete